Bettingsites24 Nigeria: Everything you need to know about online betting in Nigeria
Online betting is one of Nigeria’s best pastime events that has quickly become an industry worth of keeping an eye on. Not only has it grown so rapidly over a short period, but also taken the interest of global bookmakers.
With an estimated turnover of USD 2 billion per year, which bookmaker isn’t willing to have a slice of this market? However, the Nigerian betting market is much more than the money involved. Its gambling legislation betting demographic and betting culture is different from gambling-friendly countries such as the U.K.
Bearing this in mind, Bettingsites24 Nigeria was established to cover everything gambling-related in Nigeria exclusively from best online betting sites in Nigeria, latest Nigeria gambling news to best Nigeria sites with bonus, and much more.
Why you should choose bettingsites24 Nigeria
- Bonus – Bettingsites24.ng has exclusive promo and bonus code for Nigerian players that use this site. The bonus code can’t be found anywhere else on the internet.
- Experience – Our staff are experienced professionals who have been in the gambling industry for long. You are allowed to doubt if you have never placed a match on a cockfight!
- Honesty – One of the reasons you should take our word seriously is because we stand by the truth. No gambling site is affiliated to our website in any way, and none of our staff receives any form of payment to post content on this site.
- Everything in one place – Bettingsites24 Nigeria understands the pain players undergo in trying to gather gambling information. Visiting many websites only to end up with the information you weren’t looking for isn’t the best music to your ears. To avoid all that, bettingsites24 Nigeria covers the latest gambling news, betting tips, betting guide, sportsbook bonus pages, and much more.
An overview of online betting in Nigeria: is it legal to bet in Nigeria?
The Nigerian online betting community is a mouthwatering market for many online sportsbooks. Over 60 million Nigerians take part in online betting, and the supposedly number is of the age group 18 – 40 years. Impressive, right? Let’s slice and dice!
The online gambling market in Nigeria is unregulated. The Nigeria laws allow skill-based games such as poker, national lottery, backgammon, and skill-based card games. There is no Nigerian law that openly prohibits online gambling; as a result, online sportsbooks, poker, online casino games, and bingo sites have found a way into the Nigerian market. However, online betting is safe in Nigeria.
Lagos State Lottery Board and National Lottery Regulatory Commission are apt examples of bodies regulating online gambling at the state and federal levels, respectively. The two bodies are respected, and Nigerian bettors consider gaming sites or betting shops with their approval as legit.
Offshore bookmakers have also had a share of the pie as they have opened doors for Nigerian bettors to open an account and play remotely. Players need to have attained the age of 18 years so that they can open an account with such bookies.
As the Nigerian market is still burgeoning, novel betting ideas such as eSports and virtual games are in demand in such market. eSports is a niche many sportsbooks are struggling to get a market for, and with markets such as Nigeria showing a huge appetite for such games, it draws a lot of attention to many sportsbooks. Luckily, our experts at does all the work on your behalf to cover everything eSports related, including the best eSports betting sites for Nigerian bettors.
Betting Sites Nigeria – What are the best betting sites?
As explained earlier, the online betting market in Nigeria is flooded with dozens of bookmakers, local and foreign. The huge numbers drive the competition high, and only bookmakers with the best services attract bettors.
To beat the competition, bookmakers in Nigeria compete on the range of games they offer, customer service, and bonuses, among many other parameters. Since our sportsbook review experts are seasoned professionals, they have in-depth knowledge of online gambling; you are better off with their word about the best betting sites in Nigeria. Bettingsites24 Nigeria explores in detail this subject, and here you will find some of the highly rated Nigerian best betting sites.
How we rate Nigeria online betting sites
- Customer support – A good customer support experience goes a long in giving players a satisfying experience whether they won or lost a bet. Good customer support is essential in any business, and the gambling industry isn’t exceptional. In our efforts to identify the best Nigeria betting sites, customer support is one attribute we focus on seriously.
- Regulation – Whom would you raise a complaint to if the bookmaker/casino freezes your account unfairly or goes against the agreed terms and conditions? If you are dealing with a regulated site, you have some resort since the site risks its license revoked. That’s why we only highlight regulated gambling sites; be it approved by Nigerian regulatory bodies or offshore regulators.
- Bonuses – Do you know bonuses are a deal-breaker for some players? Online gambling sites understand this and have become careful with their bonus offering. Some gambling sites have resulted in using of dishonest bonuses in an attempt to lure players into opening an account with them. We take pride in listing sites with the best bonuses in Nigeria and fall off the radar rogue gambling sites.
- Banking options – Players want money to reflect in their account fast and be reunited with their money in the shortest time possible. Slow payment methods and those that involve high charges are a turn off to many players. Whilst aiming to achieve a balance between low cost and fast payment methods, online gambling sites are expected to achieve the highest level of security of the same banking options. Therefore, the best betting sites in Nigeria have fast, low charge, and secure payment methods.
- Markets – Sportsbooks or casino sites with a limited number of markets or games don’t attract many players. For many players, it translates to boredom and a limited range of choices when playing online. A limited range of games could mean the difference between winning and losing a bet. This is because some players are guided by form of players, team signings, and much more. With a limited range of games, it will be impossible to have fun playing.
- Usability of the website – Players are drawn to websites that are neat and methodical. Best betting sites in Nigeria have learned this and go the extra mile by providing players with a wide range of features to make their browsing more smooth. For instance, they use hamburger-styled menus, mobile adaptive interfaces, dark-mode option, search bar, and filter buttons, to mention a few.
Best Live betting sites in Nigeria
Live betting is a trend that is fast gaining ground among many Nigerian sportsbooks. Such ingenious features are a reason why players flock to bookmakers with such an option and ignore the ones without. Nigeria live betting sites allow bettors to place bets on ongoing events. You no longer have to miss placing a bet on events because you missed the kick-off time. Below are Nigeria best live betting sites:
Best Cash-Out sites in Nigeria
Sometimes the difference between losing a bet and smiling all the way to the bank is the bold decision of cashing out. What is cash-out? Cash-out is a feature which some sportsbooks allow bettors to settle their bets before an event ends, be it in profit or at a loss.
Bets that allow bettors to cash-out will show active cash-out button on the betslip. However, not all events have the cash out button active.
Players have the option of full cash-out, auto cash out, or Partial cash-out.
- Full cash out – this type of cash-out allows bettors to cash out the full amount that is available for cashing out.
- Auto Cash Out – If you select this option, the cash-out will happen when specific rules are attained. For instance, you can set a target amount of USD 20, only when the cash-out amount reaches that value during the event is when the cash out will happen. This cash out type is important when you can monitor the progress of your bestlip, for instance, when sleeping.
- Partial cash-out – With this type of cash-out, players are able to cash out a fraction of their cash out value and let the remaining amount run using the odds that are available as at the moment of cashing out.
As described above, it’s clear that Cash Out is a game-changer feature for many bettors. After scrutinizing a dozen of sportsbooks, our experts have confidence in saying that the sportsbooks bellows are the Nigeria best cash-out sites.
Bonuses: Sites with the best bonuses for Nigerian bettors
Bonuses and promotions are what keep many existing players loyal to a gaming site and bookmaker. To entice new players, sportsbooks use welcome bonus. However, the devil is in the detail.
Playthrough requirement is what some of the sportsbooks as a catch to many players are they know bettors don’t pay attention to such detail. Legit sportsbook have realistic wagering requirements, and not playthrough requirement such as 50X. A 50X turnover requirement means that a player is likely not to achieve the turnover requirement and end up incurring losses.
However, not all the bonuses are the same, some that have high wagering requirements while some have a low wagering requirement. Below are the common types of bookmaker bonuses.
- Free bets – A free bet is a bonus type with a low-to-zero wagering requirement. This type of bet is risk-free. New and existing players are eligible for this type of bonus. Most of the time, the free bet value is low as the wagering requirement is low too.
- Welcome bonus – This type of bet is only eligible for new players when they sign up. The bonus value may sometimes be as high as ₦100,000. The wagering requirement associated with this bonus is high in many instances.
- Deposit bonus – This type of bonus works by rewarding players with a matched bonus every time you deposit money to your betting account. For instance, if you the sportsbook offers a 100% deposit bonus, if you deposit ₦100, you will receive ₦100 as a bonus. However, there is a limit to how much you can receive as a bonus. This type of bonus also has a high wagering requirement.
As Bettingsites24 Nigeria is committed to giving its visitors the best information, our experts took a pinch of salt about every bookmaker and conducted in-depth research on Nigerian bookmakers’ bonuses. Below are our experts’ recommendations of sites with the best bonuses for Nigerian bettors.
Five sports betting tips for every bettor
Just as you wouldn’t hope in at Wall Street and begin calling out the bulls and the bears without solid caution and understanding of the market, the same principles guide the sports betting market. It’s all about playing against the risk.
Those who heed the message stay in the game for long while those who are ignorant of this piece of wisdom have a woeful experience. To avert falling into the miserable type of players, recite the tips below daily.
- DYOR – the best approach in betting is doing your own research. That is the surest way that all the information you use for betting is accurate and not hearsay or unreliable.
- Use a licensed and regulated site – if you use a regulated site, you are assured that its operations are transparent and fair. Unless by court order, such sites cannot disclose your personal information, as they observe data protection laws.
- Never bet more than you are willing to lose – Never bet more than you are willing to lose – Betting is a risky and addictive activity, which when overdone, may be self-destructive. To avoid reaching such limits, it is reasonable to bet only an amount that you are comfortable losing. Betting should be treated like any other pastime event where you can spend a certain amount without feeling any guilt.
- Seasoned bettors prefer single bets to accumulator bets – Whilst adding more events increased the possible winnings, remember betting is all about managing risk and not chasing returns. Veteran bettors have mastered this, as they know if they are to last long in the game, they need to keep their risk low.
- Accept bonuses cautiously – bonuses are common nowadays and some may have huge figures which may appear irresistible. However, look beyond the figures; the catch is in the wagering conditions. Don’t accept bonuses from gambling sites with high playthrough requirements, as it is an outright underhand offer. It is better off even foregoing such a deal, as you may take long to be able to withdraw any winnings.
Betting Sites in Nigeria: Top 10 + How to Win Big Time [Full Guide]
If you want to make money with online sports betting, you need to choose the right platform, and fortunately, today we are presenting to you the top betting sites in Nigeria.
They pay excellent odds, have a clean record, cover a vast number of markets and offer a superb experience.
On top of that, we are also going to show you how to win big time with them, because you are in here to make money, and that is exactly what we will share with you.
Consider that all the options listed below meet the following standards:
- Clean record of paying winnings to their customers, total transparency and totally regulated
- Great odds
- Extensive coverage of betting markets
- Multiple betting options
Now that it is clear, let’s move on.
#1 – 1xBet:
It ranks at the top of this listing because it pays outstanding odds, includes multiple betting options, covers a massive number of markets for different sports and the payouts are lighting fast. (Read more about 1xBet Review)
With 90+ sports, 4,500 markets and over 10K streams daily, you will have more than enough to satisfy your in-play needs.
Overall, one of the best options in the market. read all review
#2 – Bet9Ja:
One of the most popular betting sites in Nigeria had to be present in this ranking. They have earned an excellent reputation thanks to their pristine record, great-paying odds and tons of available markets. (Read more about Bet9Ja Review).
They offer a superior user experience on their desktop and mobile website, making it really enjoyable and smooth to use their platform, even if you are not tech-savvy at all.
We can recommend it to you with total confidence.
#3 – Merry Bet:
One of the best betting sites in Nigeria of 2019 thanks to their generous odds, great coverage of markets and instant payments, features that make it very attractive for bettors. (Read more about Merrybet Review).
You also get a juicy 100% welcome bonus along with a bonus on accumulator bets.
It also features a superfast and reliable customer support, to make everything much easier for you, and when combined with their easy-to-use website, you can be sure that you will get a superb experience.
#4 – Naira Bet:
Naira Bet started operations back in 2009, and since then, they have offered an exceptional service to Nigerian bettors. (Read more about NairaBet Review)
Their website offers a superb user experience, they pay out within 15 hours directly to your bank account, they cover tons of sports and markets, they bring you multiple betting options and they offer you juicy bonuses on accumulated matches.
<Overall, you can win big time at Naira Bet, because it offers you everything you need.
#5 – 1960bet:
One of the best platforms in Nigeria thanks to its exceptional odds (highest paying as of now), massive coverage of markets and excellent User Experience.
It might not be as powerful as other companies, but in fact, it deserves more popularity, because they pay excellent odds even in very competitive leagues or matches.
On top of that, thanks to the large betting options available for every event, it is very easy to set up your strategy or system perfectly, as you can cover most scenarios.
#6 – Lions Bet:
It is one of the most complete platforms in the country because it offers you free bets, points for frequent players, cashback, accumulator bonuses and fast payouts.
Overall, it has got all the features you need for an excellent betting session, and therefore, they deserve their own spot in this ranking.
They are 100% legit, so you have nothing to worry about. They pay very fast, and if you check their record online, you will see that they are clean. They live up to their promises.
#7 – Betway:
They have both online and offline presence, featuring an excellent website and mobile platform along with offline centers at retail shops.
They have a massive presence in Nigeria, and therefore, they are completely legit and legal.
They cover an outstanding number of markets including football, hockey, basketball, tennis, box and many other sports, along with virtual games and events.
Furthermore, they pay out very fast even on weekends, their odds are amongst the highest in Nigeria and their customer support team is exceptional.
Overall, this is one of the best betting websites in Nigeria as of now. Totally recommended.
#8 – 22Bet:
They have an extraordinary coverage of marketing, even reaching sports like archery, table tennis and cycling. In this regard, they beat most of the competition, because they cover events that most platforms don’t.
This opens a massive opportunity for you, as you can bet on lesser known leagues and events.
It is not very popular as of now, but it is for sure one of the top betting sites in Nigeria nowadays, because they are legit and regulated, they pay competitive odds, they offer multiple betting options and their payouts are very fast.
#9 – 888 Sport:
It might not be the sexiest in this list, because their website needs a makeover, but aside from that, it pays very respectable odds, it has a clean record and their coverage of markets is excellent.
They cover sports like snooker, cricket, beach volleyball, beach soccer, bandy, Aussie rules, floorball and squash, thus bringing you more betting options.
It is worth checking it out, because if you have not been able to find a particular league, event or game, chances are you will find it here, especially when we talk about very niched ones.
#10 – Melbet Nigeria:
One of our favorite platforms. Its mobile app is amazing, the best in the market as of now, because it work smoothly, allowing you to place bets in-live with just a couple of clicks.
Their website runs smoothly, which is perfect for in-live play. Therefore, if you are a fan of that style of betting, you will love Sportybet, for sure.
It also offers very nice bonuses like a welcome bonus and discount gifts that you can use smartly to profit more from your bets.
Overall, another solid platform that you definitively need to check out. You are going to love it.
- Betting in Nigeria is a gray area. No law outrightly prohibits online gambling. Therefore, you can play without breaching the law.
- Depositing money into a Nigeria betting site is easy and safe. Nigerian betting sites accept a wide range of payment methods, including GT Bank, VISA, MasterCard, PayCom, Quickteller Online, and Polaris Mobile Deposit.
- Yes, provided you follow the agreed terms and conditions and use a regulated bookmaker.
- Yes, many Nigeria betting sites give players a welcome bonus and other promotions. Check the list of Nigerian bookmakers with the best bonuses here.
- Yes, many online gambling sites have mobile adaptive websites and native apps that are compatible with Android and Apple devices.
- Yes, offshore bookmakers accept Nigerian bettors to open and place bets on their sportsbooks and casino sites. However, you will be required to have achieved the age of 18.
- No, it is your duty as a player to file your returns from the proceeds of gambling.