100% up to 10,000 naira
- Deposit Options: Apple Pay, Bank Wire, Ecopayz, Giropay, Maestro, Mastercard, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Sofort, Trusly, Visa
- Withdrawal Options: Apple Pay, Bank Wire, Ecopayz, Giropay, Maestro, Mastercard, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Sofort, Trusly, Visa
- Products: Exchange, Sportsbook, Casino, Live Casino, Exchange Games, Arcade, Vegas Slots, Macau, Bingo, Football Jackpots, Virtual Sports,Bingo,
- Common Misspellings: bet fair, betfair exchange, best betting exchange
Betfair is a world renowned online gambling site that has been operational for over two decades. It was first established in August 1999 and later in 2000 officially began operation. Though there existed several other players offering peer to peer betting, it was Betfair that was first to sell to players the open market betting idea. Surprisingly, punters liked the concept and as it allowed to bet at their own set odds instead on bookmaker’s odds. Soon Betfair was controlling 90% share of the market and has remained dominant since then.
Betfair has grown by leaps and bounds to become of the world largest betting companies by revenue and has the largest sports betting community. It has over 4 million customers, does a weekly turnover of over £50 million, and processes more than 7 million transactions a day.
The company has undergone several significant milestones such as listing on the London Stock exchange in 2010, launch of the online sportsbook in 2012, acquiring a New Jersey online casino license in 2014, and merging with PaddyPower to from PaddyPower Betfair in 2016.
Betfair’s high-quality platform and it its smooth services coupled by its licensing in several jurisdiction has seen it acquire a large customer base worldwide. In this Betfair review, we will examine Betfair Nigeria and explore every detail about the services Nigerian players should expect from this top online sportsbook.Visit Betfair
Quality of the platform and website usability
Betfair platform has an easy to use website and user friendly interface even for first time visitors. The website has a simple menu navigation; once you click the sports menu, several sub menus will open up such as cash out, promotions, and popular sports such as football, Tennis, American football. The mid part of the website is the betting terminal; on the left side there a quick link tab, on the right side is the odds boost and in between is where the odds are highlighted. The odds are highlighted in bold blue which makes it easier to spot. On the bottom section there is an odds switch toggle that allows players to switch between decimal and American odd formats.
The platform is convenient for a wide range of users because it is available in five languages English, Deutsch, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.Visit Betfair
Games available and betting options
Known for its sporting exchange, the Betfair Nigeria sportsbook is also a force to reckon with in regards to the array of features. The platform offers state-of-the-art online betting features that resonate with the recent trends in the online betting industry. The betting options are extensive such as the regular both team score, match winner, cards, corners and Handicaps and special markets such as the #OddsOnThat option for football events.
The Betfair Nigeria sportsbook has a comprehensive coverage of sporting events worldwide. Some of the sporting events covered include:
The sports events include exotic sports such as eSports, MMA, and bowls and novelty events such as politics. Each of the sport is covered in detail; for instance, football includes popular English competition such as UEFA Champions League, Italy Serie A, Germany Bundeliga, and English Premier League.
Betting on the above sport events is entertaining and thrilling courtesy of features such as
- Live Betting – Betfair allows players to wager on live games. This option provides players with a chance to bet on games if they had missed on betting before kick-off. Some players take advantage of live betting because the high odds.
- Odds Quality – Betfair is said to have 20% higher odds compared to standard bookmarkers. Therefore, Nigerian players looking for bookmakers that offer high odds should give Betfair Nigeria a try.
- Live streaming – Sports events are broadcasted live on Betfair Nigeria. To view the live sports, you need to have an account balance of at least 500 naira or have a running bet.
- Cash out – Players have a chance to cut out their losses or lock in their profits before the official fulltime result of a sport competition using the cash-out feature.
Bonuses and promotions
Being a Betfair customer comes with many benefits; bonuses and promotions being one of the offerings Betfair enthusiasts enjoy. Loyalty is rewarded, new players get are treated to a welcome bonus, and promotions all year round. Below is a breakdown of the current Betfair Nigeria bonuses and promotions.
- Loyalty bonus – Existing and new players are rewarded with a 2,000 naira loyalty bonus if they place a bet of stake 6,000 naira in a week. The bet could be a single bet or a parlay bet consisting of three selections with minimum odd 4.0. You need to opt-in for this promotion to participate. The good this about this promotions is that the 2,000 naira reward doesn’t have any wagering requirement after it has been credited to your account.
- Back same game multi bet and get a free bet – Players have a chance to get a free bet when they back the same betslip to win. The bet slip needs to have accumulated odds of 5.0 or more. You need to opt in for the promotion to participate in promotion. The maximum free bet you can receive is 10,000 naira. Also, the free bet is available for only 48 hours after it has been credited.
- Same game multi – this promotion is commonly known as bet builder as it involves adding more than one selection to an outcome of one sport event. This Betfair Nigeria bonus builder option allows players to add up to 25 selections and allowed for selected in-play matches.
Odds boost and coupon – Betfair provides players with an opportunity to win more through its odds boost offer on selected matches. To heighten the thrill of winning on matches that have high betting volume, Betfair Nigeria provides builds up a coupon with boosted odds meaning players could win more using the coupon betslip compared to building own parlay bet.
Mobile gaming is quickly becoming famous thanks to the widespread internet connectivity and deep penetration of smartphones. Therefore, players are able to access the Betfair Nigeria sportsbook from the hand-held devices from either the native Betfair Nigeria app or mobile site. In this Betfair Nigeria review we will examine the top options in detail.
Betfair has native mobile app that is compatible with both Android and iOS-powered devices. The app is simple to navigate courtesy of the array of tools available such as the search button at the right top of the app, a header and footer menu bar, highlights with quick links, and much more. Also, the app has high-quality graphics which makes the app have a stunning look. Though built on a minimalist design, the app is robust, very responsive, and supports a wide range of features such as
- Deposit and withdraw
- Bet live games
- Track scores in real times
- Cash Out
- Check bet history
The iOS version is available for download on the Apple App store while the Android version is available for download from the Betfair mobile site.
An alternative to the mobile app is the mobile site which is accessible using mobile devices of any ordinary browsers. The mobile site has a similar look to the desktop site except for its sleek appearance. The mobile site just like the mobile app provides players with an opportunity to bet on the go and track bets in real time.Visit Betfair
Betfair provides players with numerous ways through which they can deposit and withdraw money into their Betfair Nigeria sports account. The payments methods are common, used worldwide and known for their top security. Below are the acceptable banking options.
- Credit or debit card
- Bank transfer
- Neteller Skrill
- Web Money
E-wallets and cards payments are processed instantly for the deposits while the withdrawals have a waiting time of around 24 hours or earlier. Bank transfer transactions are processed in between 2-5 working days. The minimum deposit limit is USD 20 for e-wallets and USD 10 for cards and bank transfer. The withdrawal limits vary from one payment method to another. In a bid to reduce transactions costs, Betfair allows players to hold account in local currencies. The following are the acceptable local currencies which players can use to make deposits and withdrawals USD, GBP, EUR, DKK, SEK, AUD, HKD, and NOK.
Betfair Nigeria has an efficient customer service program that is available 24/7. The customer service representatives are very professional in their engagements with customers and are very responsive. You can reach out for help via the following options.
- Live chat
- Email ([email protected])
- Twitter Available in between 8am and 11pm UK time.
You may also consider visiting their FAQ page which has answers to topics such as player protection, deposits and withdrawals, verifying your account, and promotions.
Safety and reliability
Betfair has over the years maintained a solid reputation in regards to security of their website, systems, and payments. The company has a strict policy in regards to security and cuts across every area of their operations. The company conducts a KYC exercise to all its customers to make sure that players have met the legal requirements of betting and also to avoid profiled characters. The company has instituted a closed-loop policy on its deposits and withdrawals to avert cases of money laundering.
Regarding its IT measures; the company uses a secure connection on its website encrypted with 128-bit keys – a standard that even elite financial institutions use. It ensures that players’ information is safeguarded against leakage when in transit between the web server and the browser. Additionally, the company uses advanced firewalls to protect its internal network against any unauthorized access. The mobile apps use a secure 4 pin log in access for easier account access.
Betfair Nigeria sportsbook is reliable and safe as it is regulated by reputable industry watch dogs. The online sportsbook is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission for U.K. based players and Malta gaming authority for its overseas operations including Betfair Nigeria. The company holds local licenses in the following countries Denmark, Romania, Italy, Spain, and Sweden showing its commitment to adherence to jurisdiction regulations.
This Betfair Nigeria sports review comes to an end with a conclusive statement that Betfair is a trusted online bookmaker that Nigeria players should be confident using its services. From the payment methods and customer service to high odds and robust platform, Betfair has proven to be a number one choice bookmaker for players who are serious about winning from sports betting. Apart from the chance to win, the platform has numerous tools as explored in this Betfair Nigeria sportsbook review that make betting thrilling and exciting.
Whereas, the bookmaker has taken every measure to make itself the best, there exists an area of concern from players from Nigeria. Considering the massive expansion betting market in African market, the bookie should consider having a localised Nigerian site. Except from this little concern, Betfair Nigeria is the bookmaker you should consider if you are serious about winning from sports betting.