Rugby Betting Online in SA
Among those sporting activities that occupy a special place in our hearts, without a doubt, rugby is one them. Since the Springboks emerged the 2019 Rugby World Cup winners, plenty of bookies are now offering more markets and better odds in rugby than never before.
Why don’t you get a piece of the action and get to place your rugby bets online? Make sure that you sign up with a licensed operator to assure yourself some legal and fair rugby-betting environment.
If you are on the lookout for the best and arguably top rugby betting sites in South Africa, you are in the right place. We at bettingsites24 undertake reviews in a bid to find out some of the top rugby bookies in South Africa and today, we shift our focus to Betandwin.
When you place a bet with them or any other one that you find in our list, you can be sure of amazing bonuses, unforgettable entertainment, and some of the most competitive rugby odds.
200% up to ₦100.000!
- Simple Interface – there are no complicated site designs and features on 1XBet. It’s straight to the point, so it’s not hard to navigate around the site. Its light colors are also pleasing to the eyes, so users can play for a long time without straining their eyes.
- Generous Promotions – bonuses can reach up to 100 EUR or even more. You can even receive bonuses on your birthday or when you have a bad streak. Thus, players will always have a chance to bet and have fun.
- Several Payment Options – there are more than 70 ways for you to withdraw your winnings or make a deposit at 1XBet. This includes banking options and credit cards like Visa, Skrill, and TrustPay, as well as cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Litecoin. Also, there are no service charges and extra fees when you make a transaction.
100% Welcome Bonus Up To ₦50,000
100% up to 30$
100% Welcome Bonus Up To ₦100000
- The availability of the cash-out feature, meaning that bettors can always minimize their risk on the site.
- Paripesa Nigeria supports commonly used odds format such as American, decimal, and Indonesian.
- Plenty of betting markets on a daily basis, so bettors will have an easy time locating the options that suit them.
100% Welcome Bonus Up To ₦15.000
- An easy registration process
- A wide range of betting options/markets
Online betting on rugby matches
Online rugby betting doesn’t differ a lot to wagering on other sports. Of importance to note is that there are two main types of wagering in rugby. They are tournament bets and match bets.
The most common match bets include:
- Handicap bets
- Match result
- First Scoring Play
- Winning Margin
- Halftime/Fulltime Score
- First Scorer
- Highest Scoring Half
- Odd or Even Total
- Man Of The Match
The most common tournament wagers are:
- Margin of Victory in a Tournament or Series
- Tournament or Series Winner
- Top Try Scorer of Tournament
- Player of the Tournament
- Top Points Scorer of Tournament
To find more information regarding online rugby betting, or the different types of rugby bets and rugby betting tips, you may have to look at our in-depth Rugby Strategy Guide.
Latest Rugby News
Following the Coronavirus pandemic, the World Rugby had to make one of the most difficult decisions ever. It postponed the Rugby World Cup 2022, scheduled to take place in New Zealand on the 18th of September – 16th of October, until next year.
The recommendation came following the evolution of the uncertain and one of the most challenging COVID-19 landscape. However, further updates will be issued when changes happen.
Types of Rugby Tournaments
Fans of rugby residing both in the Southern and Northern hemisphere are aware that there’s no shortage of rugby series and tournaments to wager online. Some of the most popular tournaments that you can find include the following:
- The Rugby Championship
- The 2022 British and Irish Lions Tour of South Africa
- Super Rugby
- The Six Nations
- IRB Rugby World Cup
- World Rugby Sevens Series
- Autumn International Tours
The Rugby Championships and COVID-19
Due to the devastating effects of the COVID-19, both national and international rugby tournaments were compelled to find ways of dealing with the financial storm. With no spectators, it meant that there were no ticket sales, a move that compelled plenty of provincial unions to borrow funds as a means of protecting their future.
Across the Southern hemisphere, the annual Rugby Championships that normally feature South Africa, Argentina, New Zealand, and Australia faced a reduction to a 3-team tournament.
The reigning champions and the current champions of the world also opted not to travel to Australia. With a significant number of the Springbok team members failing to have participated in any competitive rugby matches since the early months of 2020, this move appeared the safer option.
Fortunately, though, the tournament didn’t disappoint at all. It went on to become Argentina’s greatest ever victories. Since 1976, Argentina have been facing off with New Zealand with the initial All Blacks vs. Argentina match taking place in 1985.
The two rivals have faced off in no less than 29 times, with the Puma’s coming very close in the 1987 Rugby World Cup in Wellington following a game that ended in a draw.
It was on the 14th of November 2020 when things took a dramatic turn with Argentina managing to be New Zealand 25-15 to seal their historic victory. Surprisingly, Argentina’s fly-half Nicolás Sánchez scored all the points!
Argentina’s famous win followed New Zealand’s loss to Australia the week before. It was the first time since 2011 that The All Blacks had lost 2 games in a row. To save face, New Zealand went ahead to thrash the Pumas the following week by 38-0.
With a record of accomplishment such as that, one would imagine the high odds that were available for this match, showing that at times, it may be good to back the underdog when wagering on rugby. Can you recall the now infamous Japan beating South Africa during the 2015 World Cup?
Rugby live betting and streaming
Several bookmakers are now offering their customers a chance to bet and watch rugby games via their online betting accounts as they are in progress via. With that, there’s no chance to miss any scrum, ruck, or try, an aspect that makes wagering online on rugby bets even more exciting.
Rugby Betting Tips & Strategies
Rugby is a game of strategy played by 2 teams consisting of 15 players each.…
Online Football Betting Tips and Strategies
With more than 4 billion fans across the globe, it is easy to understand why…
Soccer Online Betting in SA
Soccer ranks number one in the world’s most popular sports, with its matches attracting the…
Online Cricket Betting in South Africa
The innovation of websites and mobile cricket betting has made it among the most loved…
Online Betting Bonuses: What Are They?
Now that you have opened your online sports betting account and you are ready to…
Online Esports Betting in South Africa
Esports betting is fun and entertaining. The popularity of these games has increased in recent…