This is your complete guide to betting on the European Champions league 2022.
As you are aware many people tend to believe that the European Championship is a small version of the FIFA World Cup, which is understandable considering that football powerhouses such as Argentina and Brazil have always been missing from the lineup.
Yet, the truth of the matter is that the Euros always provide viewers from all over the globe with a lot of entertainment and excitement compared to FIFA’s World Cup showpiece event based on the participation of Europe’s biggest and the best teams that make every match seem like a derby.
There’s no love lost between Germany and England, while Russia having to face off against its former Soviet states puts the icing on the cake.
The highlight of Euro 2022 is because 12 countries will participate in 12 different European soccer stadiums. In terms of betting, millions of online sports bettors will wager on their favorite teams and markets. The bookies are all aware of this and a majority of certainly make every effort to impress in terms of sports betting promotions and bonuses for outright promotions throughout the event. On this page, you’ll find the best offers to take advantage of, the history of the competition, retention offers, betting strategies, schedule, and fixtures, to mention but a few.
European Championship History
The European Championship is traceable more than six decades ago in 1927. Henry Delaunay, who happened to be the Secretary-General by then was the first person to front the idea of pan-European football competition. Unfortunately, by then, Europe lacked a governing body for football, an aspect that saw Delaunay’s idea lacking support. However, in 1954, football representatives from Belgium, France, and Italy met in Basel, Switzerland creating the Union of European Football with Delaunay being appointed its first Secretary General.
Sadly, Delaunay never lived to see his dream come true after passing away in 1955. His son soon took over and continued with the vision of his father. In 1958, three years after Delaunay passed away, the UEFA European Nations Cup tournament was founded. Today, the European Championship has expanded with the participation of many countries, unlike before. Now, 24 countries participate in this tournament with millions of viewers and betting enthusiast wagering on all the games that are available here.
Euro 2022 qualified teams and participants to watch
Qualification for European Championship 2022 did incorporate a completely new system, with the bulk of participating teams qualifying through the normal method, with the UEFA Nations League deciding four places. The qualifiers for this sporting event took place from March 2019 all the way to November 2019, with 20 teams having been automatically confirmed. They include England, Denmark, Poland, Finland, Czech Republic, Austria, Croatia, Belgium, Wales, Ukraine, Russia, Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Turkey, Sweden, Netherlands, Russia, and Switzerland.
The remaining four participants will get to participate in the tournament during the play-offs. These play-offs are scheduled to take place in June 2020, should the globe manage to stem the rapid spread of Covid-19. So, who are the favorites to win this competition?
- Germany – Without a doubt, Germany are one of the most successful teams of the European Championship, having managed to reach the final six times and winning it on three occasions. As a sports bettor, then your chances are high with Germany. Germany aren’t quite the same team that lifted the world cup trophy in 2014, but they’ll certainly be among the favorites
- France – France has managed to win this tournament more than once, with victories in 1984 and 2000. Even though France appears to be a little way off the pace this time round, history as shown that the French always seem have a strategy to find their way through. You can also bet on them to reach far.
- Spain – Spain have played in four finals of the tournament and managed to win it three times. It isn’t unreasonable to say that Spain rivals Germany in European football success. Given that spin have stalled a lit bit since their back-to-back wins in 2008 and 2012, they’ll certainly be hungry for another trophy this time round.
- Italy – Italy is a soccer powerhouse that will be taking part in Euro 2022 competition. Unfortunately, they have a bit quite in the modern era. However, bookies believe that this time round, the Italians will come out with all their guns blazing with the hope of clinching the Euro 2022 trophy.
Betting odds per Euro 2022 groups
There are six groups comprising of teams that will take part in the Euro 2022. Of importance to note, though, is that group C, D, E, and F aren’t complete. They are all waiting for single participants each. As noted earlier, the reason for the delay is that the world is still struggling to cut the spread of corona virus that has claimed the lives of thousands.
Each group has that top team that’s likely to garner more points proceed to the next stage. For those teams scheduled for playoffs, all we can say is that a good number of them aren’t strong contenders for the championship except maybe Norway and Scotland.
Group A is full, comprising of Italy, Wales, Turkey, and Switzerland. Here, Italy comes out as the favorites, especially after their outstanding performance during the qualifiers. Roberto Mancini’s men are the number one favorites for almost all the bookies to emerge group winners at the Euro 2022 tournament.Visit Wazobet
Group B also has a full list of participating teams that include Russia, Belgium, Finland, and Denmark. For long, Belgium has been one of those impressive teams when playing on the international stage. Also known as The Red Devils, Belgium did record wins in each of their 10 group games in the qualifiers of Euro 2022. Therefore, bookies and sports bettors believe that Belgium will top their group. If there’s anything that makes Belgium the favorites, it’s the fact that they feature a healthy spine of some of the best players, such as Matthijs de Ligt, Frenkie de Jong, Virgil van Dijk, and Luuk de Jong.Visit Bet365
Group C comprises of three teams. This group will be full once the playoffs are over. But currently, the teams in this group are Austria, Ukraine, and Netherlands. For decades, Netherlands have managed to establish themselves as one of the best teams in Europe. The Netherlands only dropped a mere five points during the qualification stage, making them the hot favorites to top group C at the upcoming Euro 2022 finals.Visit BetBonanza
Just like group C, Group D comprises of three teams, awaiting one that will join them after the playoffs. The three teams are England, Czech Republic, and Croatia. Here, bookies and sports bettors alike appear somewhat torn between England and Croatia. After reaching the final of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, there are chances that Croatia will look to go all the way. England failed to impress at the 2016 European tournament. This time though, Gareth Southgate’s men will be looking to make amends, making them hot favorites to top group D.Visit 1xBet
In group E, Spain, Sweden, and Poland will square off each other. However, they’ll wait to see who joins them. Playoff winner will emerge from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, or Northern Ireland. But looking at the expected group participants so far, as expected, Spain will have no difficulties in their attempt to top the group. The La Roja are 1/3 to top the group and expected to field top names in the sport, such as the likes of Morata, Asensio, Saul, Sergio Ramos, and De Gea.Visit Bet9Ja
Finally, there’s group F that’s viewed as the ‘Group of death’ as France, Portugal, and Germany face off against each other. Still, they have to wait for playoff winner who might be Hungary, Iceland, Bulgaria, Georgia, Belarus, Kosovo, or North Macedonia. Even though Portugal won the trophy, they’ll certainly face stiff competition from Germany and France. France will almost certainly do well. However, bookies believe that Germany will top this group. Germany boasts of an abundance of young and professional players who are favorites top group F at 11/10 at Euro 2022 finals.Visit Nairabet
Betting on Euro 2022 Finals – What are some of the available markets?
Undoubtedly, the Euro 2022 remains to be one of the biggest footballing events, especially in the sports betting calendar. Despite the fact that it has been pushed to 2022 due to the corona virus pandemic, betting sites will still offer a huge range markets for players. Bookies all over the globe will offer a wide range of betting markets before and when the tournament progresses.
Prior or ante-post sport betting is currently available on several different outcomes, and much of these will be on offer as the competition is running. Therefore, if you happen to spot an opportunity and intend to get involved, then you have a chance of doing so. Here are some of the most popular options for sports bettors to consider for the upcoming Euro 2022 tournament.
- Outright winner – Outright winner is the most common betting option. Many bookies tend to offer high odds on the outright winner. If you want to beat the bookies here, you’ll have to do a thorough assessment of aspect such as available players, team news, form of the team, or the weather, among others.
- Top Goal scorer – Another type of a betting option, this is where you place a bet on a player who you think will score most goals. Of importance to note, though, is that lethal players whose goal scoring rate is often high will have few odds.
- To Qualify from Group – Which team(s) do you feel will likely qualify from a group? As a player, you will also have this option in place when choosing your favorite teams to qualify.
- Player of the tournament – With this type of bet, a bettor gets to place a wager on the player of the tournament. Here, bets are placed on a player who will impress the most.
- Lowest and Highest Scoring Teams – There are some teams whose players aren’t really lethal in front of goals. However, there are some with sharp players. These players will score the moment a goal scoring opportunity presents itself. As a bettor, you will certainly have this market in place.
The above aren’t the entire markets that bookies will offer you the moment the Euro 2022 competition takes off. Other available market that you’ll likely to see include over 2.5 or under 2.5 goals, top team goal scorer, and odd or even goals to mention but a few.
Betting on Euro 2022: Getting the most out of the tournament
The sports betting industry is one of the most competitive industries with football wagers attributed to half of the betting volume. Therefore, when a major sporting event —such as the Euros— present itself, bookies tend to bend over backwards to attract and retain existing customers to wager with them.
Therefore, in terms of value, there’s no better time for you to place bet than during such times. But still, the get the best out of your wagers, you’ll need to shop around to find what you intend to bet on.
But first, don’t forget to take full advantage of the available sign up offers. Almost all sports betting sites do have welcome incentives that may come in the form of a bonus by signing up with them or a free bet. Others may be in the form of betting or depositing a certain amount. Failure to take advantage of such offers leaves you in a disadvantaged position. If you have such offers available for you, then grab them immediately.
Besides sign up offers, ensure that you look up for outright and available new customer specials. During major sporting events, a good percentage of brands tend to run special promotions or enhanced odds. Such offers tend to run in parallel to their main welcome packages. Of importance to note here is that such offers tend to be short-term in nature, either being match-specific or tournament-specific.
As a player, in case you have a plan of betting on outright market before the commencement of the tournament, then you’ll notice the amount of value that they have. Unlike standard introductory deals, betting before the start of the tournament is a bit advantageous.
Lastly, remember to check out for the retention offers. Betting, isn’t all about attracting new customers. There must be existing or retention user offers and deals in place. There’s no harm in finding another sports betting site different from the current one that you are playing at that offers excellent retention deals.
Some of the best retention deals include Free Bet Clubs, Acca Insurance, Goals scorer offers, Odds Boosts, Acca Bonuses and Free Bets, and Money Back Offers. Others include Linked Free Bets, Free Games, and Extra Time Offers.
Who will host the Euro 2022 games?
For the first time in Euros history, the upcoming Euro 2022 footballing event will be hosted in 12 countries and in 12 soccer stadiums. Here is a quick look at all the stadiums and the cities who will have the privilege of hosting the Euro 2022:
- Wembley Stadium – London – Opened in 2007, Wembley Stadium in London remains to be one of the most popular stadiums across the globe. With a capacity of 90,000, Wembley Stadium will host Euro 2022 group stage matches, the last 16, the semi-finals, and the final match.
- Allianz Arena – Munich – The Allianz Arena opened in 2005. It’s one of those eye-catching stadiums with a capacity of 70,000 fans. It will host group stage matches, and the quarter finals.
- Stadio Olimpico – Rome – Opening its doors several decades ago in 1937, the Stadio Olimpico is an architectural wonder with a capacity of 70,634. It will host group stage and quarter finals.
- Krestovsky Stadium – Saint Petersburg – Also known as the Gazprom Arena, this stadium did host a number of 2018 FIFA World Cup matches in Russia. Having opened recently in 2017, this stadium boasts of a capacity of 67,800 people. It will host group stage matches and the quarter finals.
- Olympic Stadium – Baku – Based in Azerbaijan, this stadium is home to the country’s national team. It opened in 2015 and has an impressive capacity of 68,700. The Olympic Stadium will host a few group stage matches and the quarter finals.
- Arena Nationala – Bucharest – This impressive stadium was built in a short period of three years. It is home to the country’s top teams (Dinamo Bucuresti and Steaua Bucuresti). Opening its doors in 2011, the Arena Nationala has a capacity of 55,634. It will host group stage and some round 16 matches.
- Aviva Stadium – Dublin – The Aviva stadium is home to both the Irish national team and the Republic of Ireland football team. Designed in a bowl shape, this stadium opened in 2010with a capacity of 51,700. It will host group stage matches and round of 16 matches.
- Parken Stadium – Copenhagen – For sponsorship reasons, this stadium is also known as Telia Parken. It opened its doors in 1992 with a capacity of 38,065 and will host group stage and round of 16 matches.
- Hampden Park –Glasgow – This stadium is home to the Scottish national team and managed to host plenty of football events. The Hampden Park opened in 1903 and has the ability to accommodate 51,866 people. Also, this stadium will host group stage and round of 16 matches.
- Puskas Arena – Budapest – The Puskas Arena is one of those stylish and modern football stadiums that will host some Euro 2022 matches. With an impressive capacity of 67,889, this stadium opened last year in 2019. Stages to be played here include group stage and round of 16 matches.
- San Memes – Bilbao – San Memes is home to both the first and second team of Athletic Bilbao. Opened in 2013, this stadium can comfortable accommodate 53,289 people. Some Euro 2022 events to be played here include the round of 16 and a few group stage matches.
- Johan Cruyff Arena – Amsterdam – The Johan Cruyff Arena is home to Ajax FC and Netherlands national team does play several matches here also. Opening in 1996, this stadium has a capacity of 54,990 and a stage for group stage and round of 16 Euro 2022 matches.
Euro 2022 – Frequently Asked Questions
All you have to do is to access an online betting side that you find ideal. Sign up with those of you choice and that way you can begin wagering on your favorable teams, markets, or players.
The reason for the delay is due to the corona virus pandemic that has affected nearly all countries in the globe. The virus spreads quickly and so far, it has claimed the lives of over 100,000 people.
As of now, it’s not easy to tell. With the events delayed by one year, much might have changed by then. Therefore, it is not easy to make a good prediction by now.
The reason for holding the Euro 2021 matches in 12 countries and 12 cities across the globe is purely to celebrate 60 years of the competition.
It depends. If you sign up at a reputable online sports betting, then you are safe. However, some rogue sites are in business to profit from your hard-earned funds. Don’t sign up with them.
The Bottom Line
For the first time in its history, 12 countries and 12 cities will have the privilege of hosting Euro 2022 football games. Even though this sporting event was scheduled to be held this year in 2020, the corona virus pandemic saw it being pushed to 2022. Nevertheless, a lot of bookies and sports betting enthusiasts can’t wait for the event to begin. As of sports betting enthusiasts, much is in for their enjoyment, such as enhanced odds, a huge betting market, and plenty of betting options to choose from.
200% up to ₦100.000
Aviator, Bingo, Casino, Esports, Live Betting, Live Casino, Lotteries, Poker, Sport, Toto, Virtual Sports
- Excellent range of sports markets
- User-friendly betting platform
- Generous welcome bonus and promotions
- 24/7 customer service
- Limited live-streaming options
- Desktop site can appear cluttered