Best Online Sportsbooks in Nigeria
The online betting market in Nigeria and the whole world at large is a murky road. A slight mistake of trusting blindly could lead to devastating loss to your bankroll and your time, and no player would like such as experience.
Such a dreadful thought leaves all players in pursuit of the best bookmakers. But where do you find them? Bettingsites24.ng is the answer to such problems. We take pride in listing only the best bookmakers in Nigeria, online betting sites that are safe for Nigerian bettors. All the sportsbooks mentioned on this site undergo a stringent vetting process, and you can have our word that only the best only makes it to the list. Here are the top online betting sites for Nigerians.
- 888 Sport
The above-mentioned operators stand out among the rest. While there may be other numerous online betting sites, remember not all can be counted as trustworthy. Some of the operators above have licenses from reputable regulators such as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority. As the U.K. betting market is considered the world’s safest market, you already count yourself lucky playing at the world’s best online betting site. What more could a bettor ask for, if not playing from such sportsbooks?
How we Rate Online Sportsbooks in Nigeria
You may notice several bookmakers didn’t make it to our list, and you wonder why. In this section, we will disclose to you the criteria we use to rank the bookies. Qualitative and quantitative technique methods are what we use; we never fall for mass psychology or sentimental analysis. Below is what we consider when ranking sportsbooks.
Licensing and regulation
This is the most important consideration. There are no ifs or buts when it comes to licensing, all the bookmaker listed here as safe are licensed and regulated. Dealing with a regulated sportsbook means that players are protected against all forms of malpractices such as unfairness, delay in payment, underhand bonus terms, and much more.
Better yet, if the sportsbook is liquidated, you will have medium level protection of your deposit according to most bookmakers. With medium level protection, bookies separate players’ funds from its working capital. Therefore, if a business goes bust, your account balance safe to a certain limit— USD 20,000 – 50,000 for most sportsbooks, depending on the regulator.
Most online sportsbooks require a player to submit personal information and make deposits using online payment methods. No bettor would want their information getting into the wrong hands. Therefore, the security of a betting site is of paramount importance.
Bettingsites24.ng crosschecks every bookmaker security measure and ensures it meets the threshold standard, such as the use of SSL encryption and player identity verification. Dealing with websites that adhere to the two protocols ensures security is upheld.
Good customer support is the key to success for many businesses, and the same applies to online gambling sites. Players will always flock to websites with good customer support, as they feel appreciated and have their problems resolved. We only list betting sites with effective customer support — fast, have multiple contact options, and professional.
Mention Jara, and no Nigerian doesn’t relate to it. Jara, when served well, keeps customers coming back, and to sportsbooks, bonuses are their secret Jara.
Bonuses mean a lot to players, especially those who are on the verge of losing their bankroll. It rekindles the hope of winning to most players. And for players who have had luck, it may be time to relate to the biblical phrase “For whoever has, to him more shall be given,” and a bonus to them isn’t of any harm.
While scrutinizing bonuses, our team of experts scrutinizes bonus terms such as playthrough requirements, validity period, and much more. The wagering requirement is what sets apart honest bookmakers from dishonest.
Live streaming, live betting, and Cash-Out
Live matches attract a lot of traffic from bettors and bookmakers heighten the thrill by allowing players to watch and bet live from their online account. Nigeria’s best bookmakers will broadcast live video streams for selected matches and allow bettors to place bets on such events. Some sportsbooks will even allow bettors to settle their bets on events that haven’t finished. Cash-out protects a player’s stake against complete loss or secure a win.
Players will always prefer Nigerian online sportsbooks that have a fast, easy, and secure banking option. Some of the convenient payment methods for Nigerian bettors include OPAY, Bank deposit, Interswitch, Visa, MasterCard, Skrill, Bitcoin, and Neteller.
Betting on mobile is a convenient way of wagering for many players. From placing bets and cashing out to betting live and banking from the phone, players are assured of managing their bets on the go.
Mobile betting is becoming common in the Nigeria betting scene and is attributed to the penetration of mobile phones and internet connectivity. Therefore, Bettingsites24.ng carefully vets the betting sites with the best mobile sites; rest assured you will find sites with Android and iOS compatible apps, or mobile adaptive sites.
Bonuses: Types of bonuses available for Nigerian bettors
As bonuses are an attractive offer for many online players, sportsbooks accepting Nigerian players have broadened their scope of bonuses. Below are the types of offers you can redeem.
- Welcome bonus – New players who sign up at a sportsbook receive this one-time offer. The welcome bonus is mostly a matched percentage of your deposit amount up to a certain amount or a standard amount. The offer comes with wagering requirements such as validity period, odds, and playthrough. Upon meeting the wagering requirement, you will be able to withdraw your winnings.
- Reload bonus – Existing players are rewarded with this offer when they deposit to their accounts. Though the amount isn’t as high as the welcome bonus, it is a great offer to fuel your gambling expeditions and keep you in action for an extended time. Just like the welcome bonus, there are wagering requirements attached to this offer.
- Free bet – this is a risk-free offered to new and existing players. It comes as a standard amount for all players who redeem it. Your winnings will be credited if your bet wins and upon meeting the wagering requirement. However, if you lose the bet, your bankroll isn’t affected.
- Refer a friend bonus – to expand its customer base; sportsbooks will often use this bonus. By using a referrer’s link, you and the referrer will receive a bonus once you sign up and wager.
- Loyalty and VIP bonuses – Being loyal and high roller comes with a reward, you receive bonuses that regular players aren’t considered. The bonus may include complimentary tickets to popular events, VIP bonus, dedicated customer support, fast payment processing, and VIP bonus points, which can be traded for electronic gadgets such as iPads.
As the bonuses are a deal-breaker for some players, we carefully go through every bookmaker’s offers. Here are the online sportsbooks with the best bonuses for Nigerian bettors.
Frequently Asked Questions about gambling in Nigeria
- Betting online is a gray area in Nigeria. However, if you bet you don’t breach the law. The Nigeria legislation restricts gambling but doesn’t outright forbid betting online.
- Yes. However, be on the lookout for regulated sportsbooks as they most of them meet the safety measures of playing online.
- The sportsbook doesn’t levy any taxes on players’ winnings. Bookmakers expect Nigeria to handle their taxes. Apparently, there isn’t any serious enforcement, and most players don’t file their gambling winnings. However, there is serious enforcement of taxes for sportsbooks operating in Nigeria.
- Yes, most sportsbooks that accept Nigeria players reward them with a no deposit bonus when they sign up.
- Yes, Bitcoin enthusiasts can place bets in Bitcoin and receive their winnings in their crypto wallets. To know is a site accepts Bitcoin head over to payment section—mostly displayed on the footer menu— and look for the Bitcoin logo.
- The minimum deposit amount isn’t standard across sportsbooks. However, most offshore sportsbooks have a minimum deposit amount of USD 5 while Nigeria sportsbook accepts deposit as low as 100 Naira.
- Yes, most online sportsbooks in Nigeria have mobile betting apps compatible with Android and iOS devices.
Conclusion: No chance of mistake when you follow our experts’ recommendations
Nigerians are faced with a plethora of betting sites, some legit and some shady. However, with the help of our sportsbook review experts, you will be able to identify the best sportsbook that meets all your desired attributes, such as bonuses, security, and much more.
Stop burning the midnight oil as our independent team of reviewers has done the hard work for you. You are left with what counts, preparing the betslip; deciding the stake, and crossing your fingers for your bet to land in the money.